Migrated taxpayers need to login first time to the GST Portal (www.gst.gov.in portal) with Provisional ID and password. New taxpayers need to login first time to the GST Portal (www.gst.gov.in) with GSTIN and password. As a new taxpayer, to login first time to the GST Portal with GSTIN and password, you need to perform the following steps:
1. Access the URL https://www.gst.gov.in/. The GST Home page is displayed.
2. Click the Login link given in top right-hand corner of the GST Home page.
3. The Login page is displayed. Click the here link in the instruction at the bottom of the page that says “First time login: If you are logging in for the first time, click here to login”.
4. The New User Login Page is displayed. In the Provisional ID / GSTIN/ UIN field, type the Provisional ID/ GSTIN/ UIN received on your e-mail address.
5. In the Password field, type the password received on your e-mail address.
6. In the Type the characters you see in the image below field, type the captcha text displayed in the box.
7. Click the LOGIN button.
8. The New Credentials page is displayed. In the New Username field, enter the username that you want to create to login to the GST Portal.
9. In the New Password field, enter a password of your choice that you will be using from next time onwards
10. In the Re-Confirm Password field, reenter the new password.
11. Click the SUBMIT button.
12. A confirmation message is displayed that Username and Password have been successfully created. You can now login to the GST Portal using these credentials.
13. In the Username field, type the username that you created.
14. In the Password field, type the password.
15. Click the LOGIN button.
16. When you login for the first time on the GST Portal, you will be prompted to file a non-core amendment application to enter Bank Accounts details. Click FILE AMENDMENT button.
17. The application form for editing is displayed and non-core fields is available in editable form. Edit the details in the Bank Accounts tab by clicking ADD NEW button.
Click here to know more about amendment of non-core fields.